Advanced Tank Cleaning Technology Reduces Total Cost of Ownership
Every tank is unique. At the start of each tank cleaning engagement, our team meets with client personnel to develop a thorough understanding of the project scope, and to engage in a discovery process to ensure that all relevant considerations and constraints are known. In many instances, especially when processing is involved, a sample of product helps our team develop a cleaning strategy, identify appropriate equipment, choose cutter stock, and evaluate chemistry requirements.
In short, Miller Integrated Solutions’ Tank Cleaning Team puts our decades of experience in tank cleaning and processing to work to develop engineered solutions specifically tailored to your unique tank. Key to our work process are safety, waste processing and product recovery. Safety is always our top priority at Miller, both of our personnel and those of our customers. Understanding waste processing can help us minimize disposal costs for our clients and product recovery helps us optimize recovery of usable product. Supporting our process is the use of advanced technology that helps reduce risk and maximize schedule performance. All of these integrated pieces add up to reduced Total Cost of Ownership.
Our technologies for tank and process vessel cleaning range from a simple static spray ball to an unmanned robotic tank cleaning system for non-entry implementations. We also take pride in our ability to develop fit-for-purpose tank cleaning solutions for unique projects and customized cleaning chemistries for specific cleaning and processing requirements.
Our commitment to technology—and the resultant safety and efficiency improvements—is focused on the following criteria:
- Non-entry — Whenever possible, we aim to eliminate the need for personnel to enter tanks by utilizing our automated tank cleaning robots.
- Versatility — We want to address a wide range of products, including the broad range of crude oils, heavy fuel oils, slop oil, light end products and wastewater tanks, just to name a few.
- Integration — We always aim to provide integrated solutions using integrated systems that help optimize setup and breakdown of our technologies.
- Recovery — Our desire is for our technology to help us achieve consistent, optimum recovery rates to 95%.
- Safety — This is always a top priority at MIller, and our technologies help us eliminate safety concerns with inerting capability, continuous monitoring and automatic shutdown features.
- Hazardous Materials — We leverage our expertise in chemistry to address pyrophoric compounds that can pose significant hazards if not properly mitigated.
The Manway Cannon
Our most advanced tank cleaning technology to date, our manway cannon technology enables Miller Integrated Solutions to provide automated tank cleaning solutions to our customers. This solution features the latest lighting, camera, hydraulic and automation technologies available, and can reach over 120′ across the tank. The explosion-proof lighting and camera system utilizes laser lighting and an infrared camera system that can see up to 400′, which is critical to the cleaning and documentation process.